The Role of Parents in their Child’s Education
The role you play is crucial. You are your child’s first and most important educator. At Atlas Academy we value the role parents play in their child’s development and education. We aim to work in close partnership with all parents to ensure that our pupils have the best start in life.
How can I help my child?
You can help your child in many ways:
- ensuring good attendance – Every Day Matters
- encourage a healthy, active lifestyle – good diet; exercise and play; regular brushing of teeth
- having a good attitude towards school and education – be a role model for learning
- supporting the school in its values and policies – be a role model for values
- showing an interest in what your child is doing
- providing encouragement and support
- spend time with your child
Click on the links below to access support and guidance:
Family Information Service – central point of information and advice for families, children, young people 0 – 19 years and people who work with families. Information and advice on an extensive range of issues that impact on family life, including: childcare, education, employment, health, money matters, parenting and family support.
Good Gaming Guide – guidance for keeping your child safe when playing on-line games