Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
School SENDCO – Mrs Graham
We are an inclusive school and offer a range of provision to support children with SEND, over and above quality first teaching. Our SENDCO is Mrs Graham but if you have any concerns regarding your child’s special educational needs/disabilities, please speak to your child’s class teacher first.
What is SEND?
A child or young person has special educational needs and disabilities if they have a learning difficulty and/or a disability that means they need special health and education support, we shorten this to SEND.
Some key terms explained:
- Learning Difficulty: when a child finds it harder to learn than most children do.
- Disability (that we need to make special provision for): something that hinders a child from using our school facilities.
- Special provision: is support that is extra or different to what is typically provided.
What are our Values?
Our school values are #GREAT: gifted, resilient, engaged, aspirational, together. Every child with SEND can thrive. We do everything we can to make sure that happens. That means we:
- provide lessons that meet the needs of every child;
- make reasonable adjustments to lessons and the school environment;
- provide staff training to expand our SEND expertise.
Please see the link for the Government Website (SEND) UK Government SEND
I CAN – video for SEND children, in particular children with speech and language difficulties
#GREAT GIFTED RESILIENT ENGAGED ASPIRATIONAL TOGETHER