Unity through Diversity
A warm welcome to the website of Atlas Academy. We are a vibrant and diverse primary school located in the centre of Doncaster, South Yorkshire, providing education for children from 3 to 11 years. Most pupils speak English as an additional language; many speaking two to three languages, and we are proud of our multi-cultural community. We enjoy learning about each other’s backgrounds and beliefs.
Leaders have created a truly inclusive school. Pupils say that they are ‘united
through diversity’. They know the importance of being respectful to each other.
Pupils feel safe at school. Teachers are kind and take the time to speak to them if
pupils are worried. (Ofsted, 2022)
Whether you are a prospective parent interested in a place for your child or looking to join the team, we are proud to offer:
- a staff team who are committed to raising standards, and providing a high standard of education for all of our pupils;
- supportive, friendly and professional environment, which is always welcoming;
- a dedicated Pastoral Team with specialist skills to support pupils and families;
- our own nursery offering 15 hours free childcare for 3 and 4 year olds;
- a calm, safe, inclusive and nurturing learning environment for all pupils;
- an environment that promotes positive behaviour expectations and relationships;
- exciting learning experiences through a knowledge rich curriculum so that they develop into confident, capable, resilient and independent learners;
- a range of wider curriculum activities and specialist sports such as taekwondo, access to a Sports Coach;
- great outdoor spaces with purpose built outdoor climbing equipment;
- and….. the best pupils ever, who are eager to learn and make new friends.
At Atlas, we are GREAT: Gifted, Resilient, Engaged, Aspirational, Together. These are our core values and underpin everything we do.
We are part of the Astrea Academy Trust. This means we are part of a family of schools within South Yorkshire and Cambridgeshire. Astrea aims to provide every child with a brilliant education by pursuing aspirational standards with tenacity and drive. They aim to never settle for second best and do not tolerate something that does not live up to their standards. They stand to remove performance barriers and develop a scholarly culture of behaviour and learning from students and of pedagogy and curriculum from its staff to ensure our children learn, thrive and lead successful lives.
We hope you enjoy finding out about Atlas Academy. Prospective parents and pupils are welcome to visit the school. We shall be delighted to show you around our school and discuss with you and your children what we are able to offer. Please telephone us to make an appointment or call into the school office and speak to either Miss Crookes or Mrs Mitchell.
Paper copies of anything you find on our website are available from the School Office.
#GREAT: GIFTED RESILIENT ENGAGED ASPIRATIONAL TOGETHER